Why Carr Assessments?
The core of our business is simply to understand human potential. While our process is scientific and data-driven, we never lose sight of the fact that we are dealing with one person, in one job, in one organization. Individuals who are assessed by Carr come away knowing themselves better and feeling empowered by the experience. Organizations are better able to select the right candidate based on our findings and conclusions.
An Insightful Leader
Carr Assessments is a market leader in the development and administration of comprehensive psychological assessments. We are a regional and national provider of perceptive, insightful, and data-driven assessments that assist organizations in realizing their human potential.
We provide our services to a broad range of clients, including public and private companies of all sizes, as well as non-profit organizations. Our products are used for pre-hire selection; organizational and succession planning; leadership, team, and sales force development; career counseling and transitioning; and acquisition talent assessment.
Carr has created cutting-edge systems that utilize advanced algorithms and multiple psychological tools that predict behavior. Data is analyzed and interpreted by our psychologists who tailor reports to the job, and to the client’s culture and values. We enable our clients to make objective, rather than subjective or emotional, hiring and development decisions. This has direct bearing on turnover, productivity, and profitability.
Carr Assessments dates back to 1966, when Ed Carr, a Ph.D. Psychologist, founded the company. The mid-1960s marked a change in how psychologists viewed individuals in the work place. During this period, the field’s name changed from industrial psychology to industrial and organizational psychology. Prior to this time, industrial psychology focused on the individual’s work behavior, ignoring the influence of the organization on individual and group behavior in the work place.
A Technological Leader
Dr. Jack Goodner, an industrial psychologist, acquired the company from Carr in 1989. To keep pace with fast-changing technology, he pioneered systems to utilize state-of-the-art analytics that helped move Carr and the industry away from paper and pencil testing to online assessments. Today, Carr’s digital systems and practices are among the best in the industry.
Building an Understanding
- +Build understanding of the client’s industry and challenges
- +Explore organizational culture and structure
- +Review job description and make recommendations as needed
- +Perform job analysis
- +Review internal and external performance predictor research
- +Conduct client benchmarking study of job incumbents
Structure Assessment Plan
- +Determine knowledge, skills, abilities and personality characteristics
- +Identify key competencies
- +Determine appropriate assessment level
- +Select appropriate measures
- +Develop quantified selection model
- +Specify job fit criteria
Administer. Score. Interpret.
- +Schedule on-line assessment package
- +Process test data
- +Cross-validate data among professional staff
- +Prepare and deliver client reports
- +Consult with client
Conduct Ongoing Research
- +Maintain database for future research
- +Track client employment decisions
- +Collect on-the-job performance information
- +Compare post-hire performance to pre-hire assessment data
- +Adjust selection model and procedures as needed
© 2024 Carr Assessments. All rights reserved.